Ecker Hill Middle School
Before Park City School District undertook the reconstruction of Ecker Hill International Middle School, it was a place void of natural light with cold, gray block walls and spaces that did not support a collaborative pedagogy. With the addition of "imagination centers" and a reorganization of the entire campus with new additions, the school has become a true educational community, welcoming students and patrons alike.
Inviting entrances are flooded with natural light reinforcing the comfortable dynamic learning atmosphere that is now Ecker Hill. Wide gently curving main street corridors lead patrons to houses that provide nurturing reinforcement to peer groups of caring students and teachers, giving them a sense of belonging and identity. Town Centers are integrated with each house and provide ample opportunities for collaborative interaction and group discovery.
Great expanses of windows throughout the building provide every patron with a delightful connection from anywhere in the building with the mountains outside and keep learning a fun, dynamic activity reinforced by the building.
- 2006, Intermountain Contractor Best of 2006 "Best Landscape Project"
- 2006, Education Design Showcase, American School & University
- 2005, Education Design Showcase, School Planning & Management "Honorable Mention"
- 2005, American School & University, Educational Interiors Showcase "Outstanding Project - Classrooms"
- 2004, CEFPI Southwest Regional Awards "Merit Award - School Rejuvenation"